- Introductory comments, introductions and MACC news (Members Only)
- Research overviews with emphasis on future plans
- Poster session and student research summaries (Members Only) to view the posters. (This is a large file, right click to save the PDF to disk first, and then open it)
- Panel Discussion: Graduate Attributes for a Successful Career in Industrial R&D
The aim of this workshop is to discuss the current status and future needs of various types of mathematical models that are of use in an industrial setting, with emphasis on their applications in process optimization, design and control.
- Introductory Comments (Chris Swartz)
- Optimal Design and Operation of Natural Gas Value Chains (Members Only), Paul Barton, MIT
- Using Empirical Models Built from Historical Plant Data for Optimization and Control (Members Only), John MacGregor, McMaster University & ProSensus
- Data Driven Statistical Model Based Multivariable Control Performance and Process Monitoring (Members Only), Jie Yu, Shell Global Solutions
- Models and their use at ArcelorMittal Dofasco (Vit Vaculik, ArcelorMittal Dofasco)
- Saving Energy is a Dynamic Problem - The Air Separation Case (Members Only), Michael Baldea, Praxair, Inc.
- Online Performance Monitoring of a Natural Gas Plant, Robert Sigal, Invensys
- Modeling, Control and Fault Detection of HVAC Systems (Members Only), John House, Johnson Controls Inc. & Prashant Mhaskar, McMaster University
- Modeling and Control of Vapor Compression Cycle (Members Only), McMaster University and Johnson Controls Inc.
- Dynamic Modeling for Transient behavior: Issues and Experiences (Members Only),Tom Adams, McMaster University
- Optimization of Crude Separation Units via Hybrid Models for RTO and Production Planning (Members Only), Vlad Mahalec, McMaster University
- Selecting Appropriate Models for Process Optimization (Members Only), Tom Marlin, McMaster University
- Accounting for Model Uncertainty in Process Optimization, Design and Control (Members Only), Chris Swartz, McMaster University