Aenugula, Sakthi Prasanth
Khan, Kamil A.
Luna Villagomez, Enrique
MacGregor, John F.
Madabhushi, Pranav Bhaswanth
Marlin, Thomas E.
Sarna, Samardeep Singh
Swartz, Chris L. E.
Department of Chemical Engineering
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton Ontario, Canada L8S 4L7
Office: JHE 202
Voice: (905) 525-9140 x 26821
[view profile on department website]
B.S.E. Chemical Engineering, Princeton University (2009)
M.S. Chemical Engineering Practice, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2012)
Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2015)
Director's Postdoctoral Fellow, Argonne National Laboratory (2015-2016)
Dr. Khan's research interests are in developing numerical methods for efficient simulation, sensitivity analysis, optimization, and control of chemical process systems that are nonconvex, nonsmooth, or dynamic. Approaches followed include automatic differentiation and adjoint sensitivity analysis. He has made fundamental theoretical contributions to the sensitivity analysis of nonsmooth dynamic systems, and has developed some of the first numerical methods for computing this sensitivity information.
- Song, Y., Khan, K. A. Optimization-based convex relaxations for nonconvex parametric systems of ordinary differential equations, Mathematical Programming, (2021) [ Publisher Version ]
- Yuan, Y., Khan, K. A. Constructing a subgradient from directional derivatives for functions of two variables, Journal of Nonsmooth Analysis and Optimization, (2020) [ Publisher Version ]
- Khan, K. A. Whitney differentiability of optimal-value functions for bound-constrained convex programs, Optimization,, 68 691-711 (2019) [ Publisher Version ]
- Cao, H., Song, Y., Khan, K. A. Convergence of Subtangent-Based Relaxations of Nonlinear Programs, Processes,, 7 (4) 221 (2019) [ Publisher Version ]
- Khan, K. A. Subtangent-based approaches for dynamic set propagation, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control,, 17-19 (2018) [ Publisher Version ]
- Khan, K. A. Branch-locking AD techniques for nonsmooth composite functions and nonsmooth implicit functions, Optimization Methods and Software,, 33 1127-1155 (2018) [ Publisher Version ]